We want to serve God by reaching out to the international students in Austria. While here, we want them to come to faith in Jesus Christ and develop a personal relationship with Him. Their lives, characters and thoughts should be transformed by God’s Word and God’s grace. This ministry can have a global impact when believing students, who go back to their home countries, share the gospel with their family and friends!
… an international student preparing to return home after studying in Austria. While here, he came to faith in Jesus Christ and developed his personal relationship with Him. He has seen his life, his character, and his thoughts transformed by God’s Word and God’s grace. As he thinks about returning home, his desire is to see generations of disciples grow as he lives and works among the lost in his natural relationship networks. The final result is that the Gospel spreads through his home country.
The ISM-movement in America has published this short video summarising the vision of ISM in general.
For most international students their time in Europe is temporary. But if they have met Jesus, that lasts an eternity!
- Welcome internationals into a campus community
- Introduce internationals to Jesus with cultural sensitivity
- Disciple internationals to follow Jesus, to lead, and to serve God
- Send internationals as world changers
So far there are some local groups … but we do have the VISION
- for this prayer initiative to become a national MOVEMENT,
- to coordinate the work amongst international students in Austria,
- to connect with universities and their international departments,
- to cooperate with similar initiatives in Austria and abroad,
- to spread the vision among local churches,
- to equip volunteers,
- to build teams who will share the love of Christ with these students
- and in order to do all of this to be able to fund a full time worker.
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.